[council] Draft comment to the Draft IDN ccTLD Fast Track Implementation Plan Rev2

Edmon Chung edmon at dotasia.org
Thu Mar 26 19:24:32 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay of circulating this.  Please see attached the draft comment as discussed during our wrap up meeting in Mexico.

The comment basically applauds ICANN staff of the progress on the process and highlights a few points:
1. the consideration of variants for IDN TLDs
2. the identification of need for a formalized relationship between ICANN and the IDN ccTLD manager
3. the recognition that financial contribution should be required from IDN ccTLD managers to offset its program costs

And then reiterates our resolution in January 2009 pertaining the subject.

As a reminder, the comment period closes April 6 2009, therefore we still have a bit more than a week to consider the comments before submitting.

Edmon