[council] Draft Revisions to the ICANN Bylaws Relating to GNSO Restructure

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Mar 27 17:04:56 UTC 2009

Margie,

Thanks for sending these on. As we are so pushed for time, allow me to get
the ball rolling on this discussion and make a few comments.

Section 3. Article 1.
Moving the ³geographic regions goalposts² up from ³no 2 members² to ³no 3
members² seems like a sensible suggestion for those SGs with 6 Council
members. I agree with it.

Section 3. Article 3.
What¹s your rationale for recommending that ³vacancy rules² be moved to
OR&Ps?

Section 3. Article 7.
Are there no voting thresholds for selecting the chair and vice-chairs?

Section 3. Article 8.
I agree the voting threshold descriptions belong in the OR&Ps, but it would
be helpful for our discussion of the bylaws to have a reminder of what they
are. Can you provide a link to where they are please?

Apart from the points raised above, I think this document is already very
near completion. Having seen it, I must admit I feel a lot more confident
that we can move ahead with sufficient speed to meet the deadlines set in
your email for our review of these proposed bylaws. Congratulations on a
well-written document.

Stéphane