[council] Draft Revisions to the ICANN Bylaws Relating to GNSO Restructure

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Sat Mar 28 11:43:46 UTC 2009

Thought we should start trying to capture suggested changes in the
document. The attached is a red line with the following suggested
changes:

X.3.1

Deleted the restrictive language about all Constituencies being
allocated a Council seat.

X.3.3

Modified with a compromise to address Avri's concern. Just a suggestion,
not necessarily supported by the RrC yet.

X.3.6

Deleted the unnecessary and restrictive language regarding Board seat
selections.

X.3.8

No changes, but something we need to discuss further. There may be
advantages to allowing the Nominating Committee to make this assignment
based on criteria provided by the Council as a whole (for the Council
level NCA) and by criteria provided by each of the houses for their NCA
(but final criteria approved by the Council as a whole). That said, that
is just a personal observation for consideration, not an RrC position.

X.5.1

Modified to be consistent with reality, and the changes made to X.3.1.

XX.5.4

Modifed the timeline for the new Council to be as soon as practical
after Sydney, but no later than the commencement of the meeting in
October. Again, just a suggestion but this seems to be more realistic.

XX.5.5

Modified to be consistent with the changes in X.3.1 and X.5.1.

XX.5.11

Modified to be consistent with the changes to XX.5.4. The voting
thresholds will be in place when the new Council is seated, whenever
that may be.

XX.5.12

Modified to be consistent with the changes to XX.5.4.

Tim