[council] Update on RAA and its follow-on work.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon May 25 17:47:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been told that the Board has approved the RAA recommendations
though I have no details on their Resolution yet.  I hope that Policy
Staff will be able to inform us in time.

If they approved what we recommended, we have 30 days from then to
figure out how ALAC and the GNSO are going to work on this together.

As you probably know, we have a DT list set up to start planning.  So
far very few of the constituencies have a person on the list though
some constituencies and  ALAC are well represented.  I do recommend
that all constituencies find at least one representative to track the
DT's work.  As far as I can tell this group has not started
functioning yet.

CLO, chair of ALAC, and I talked about how we should proceed.  She
informed me that in addition to the group we have set up for planning,
ALAC will be using its own mechanism to create not only a focal
representative group but also an outreach Working Group that follows
on from the Summit (I am sure I will corrected if I report
inaccurately) and reaches out to the ALSes.

As a first step we agreed that we should work toward having the two
groups, the GNSO Council DT and the ALAC representative group have a
joint teleconference to see if we can arrive at a model for
cooperation on this task.  We also agreed that we would inform the
respective groups of having gotten this far.

a.