[council] FW: Please provide updates for RAA Sub Team A working group

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Thu Nov 19 21:54:38 UTC 2009

Forwarded from Beau Brendler, the coordinator of RAA Sub Team A (Registrant Rights Charter) -

Subteam A met concurrently with subteam B in Seoul, during which time we discussed the parameters of the task and reviewed some similar, but not necessarily analogous, efforts by other groups (one consumer and one industry) to create sets of best practices, guidelines and consumer "bills of rights." There was some consensus that the final product would need to be readable and understandable by the consumer and not overloaded with legal jargon.

Subteam A will be having its first conference call next week, either Monday or Tuesday, during which time we will briefly discuss, among other topics, the recent suggestions of the law enforcement community and the RAA, as well as beginning to go line-by-line through the existing charter document.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
http://gnso.icann.org