[council] FW: REMINDER: Please provide updates for PPSC PDP & WG work teams

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Mon Nov 23 09:50:45 UTC 2009

Forwarded From: Neuman, Jeff
Glen,

Here is an update for the PDP-WT

The PDP-WT divided its work into five stages and "overall issues".  They
are:

*	Stage 1 - Planning and Initiation
*	Stage 2 - Proposal Review and Voting Thresholds
*	Stage 3 - Work phase
*	Stage 4 - Voting and Implementation
*	Stage 5 - Assessment of Policy Effectiveness and Compliance

The PDP WT has finished its initial discussions on the first three stages and has draft reports out now for Stages 1 and 2.  We have completed a survey on Stage 3, and have begun discussions on Stage 4.  I have attached a proposed Time Line with milestones for completion by the end of April.  The milestones are fairly ambitious and also relies on a face to face meeting in early 2010.  The face to face meeting is still in the planning stages and we recognize that depending on other priorities the Council may have (i.e., STI), the face to face may be pushed out.  Participation the last several weeks since Seoul has been declining and we need to encourage the constituencies to attend.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you
have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.