[council] Decision on whether to initiate a PDP regarding vertical integration of registries & registrars

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Nov 25 22:39:38 UTC 2009

Thanks Stephane.  I did the same for the RySG.

Keep in mind that I am just trying to get a feel from Councilors so that we
know what motions need to be prepared in advance of the meeting.  If any SG
requests more time for review, it is our practice to grant that so we would
need a motion to defer the decision to either 8 Jan or 28 Jan.  If the
overwhelming sentiment is to vote on a motion to initiate a PDP on 17 Dec,
then we will may need two motions: 1) motion to initiate a PDP; and, if the
motion passes to initiate a PDP, 2) motion to not form a task force but
initiate a WG.

Chuck

  _____