[council] Reminder: Re: [] NCA input to House placement

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Oct 5 15:32:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I wanted to remind those in the Constituencies/SGs that the council
resolution regarding transition call for this  activity to be
completed by 7 October;

> c. Taking into consideration the input from the NCAs, if any, both
> GNSO Council Houses and/or their respective Stakeholder Groups
> should attempt to reach agreement on the seating for each of the
> three NCAs for the first year of the new bicameral Council and
> communicate the results to the Council not later than 7 October 2009.

with a fail safe of:

> d. If the GNSO Council Houses and/or their respective Stakeholder
> Groups are unable to reach agreement, then the new, inexperienced
> NCA will take the non-voting Council seat and random selection will
> be used to assign the other two NCAs to Houses before the Council
> meeting on 8 October 2009.

Note: If I need to do a random selection, I will use the Wednesday 7
Oct Powerball Lottery number (http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_numbers.asp
) as seed to the  IETF RFC3797 random selection algorithm with the
names ordered alphabetic by first name.; ie. Olga, Terry.  Doing so,
however, will result in at least one of the NCAs being given an
assignment that is contrary to their expressed intersts.

thanks

a.