[council] Questions on "GNSO Consultation: Rights Protection Mechanisms in New gTLDs"

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Tue Oct 6 22:56:01 UTC 2009

Not unexpectedly, I have some questions, which I have listed below.  (I
am copying Kurt in the event that he or other ICANN staff is best placed
to answer them.):

1.  If the Board has sent the GNSO Council a letter that provides any
further information, detail, instruction, or the like on this
consultation, would someone please post that letter to this list?

2.  If the Board has not yet sent such letter, does it still intend to
do so?

3.  If the Board does not intend to send such a letter, will it provide
guidance/clarification to the GNSO as to:

	i)  How will consensus be measured?  A Council vote?  Number of
public comments?  Number of signatories to public comments?  Other (and,
if so, what)?

	ii)  What constitutes "consensus"?  Unanimity?  If not, what?

	iii)  What is the default?  In other words, what action will the
Board take if the GNSO is unable to reach consensus?

4.  If the Board will not/does not intend to provide
guidance/clarifications on the points noted in 3(i)-(iii), who makes
those decisions?

It would be most helpful if answers to these questions/responses to
these requests could be provided before or during our 8 October Council
meeting.

Many thanks.