[council] NCA Assignments

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Thu Oct 8 13:29:02 UTC 2009

Hi again,

On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> What is the NCSG position?

I can only speak for NCUC.  I raised the issue the other day among our
leadership and we only had responses from two of the nine people
(councilors plus newly elected Exec. Comm), and they had somewhat
different perspectives, so there was nothing that could be called a
consensus position.  At the same time, as of yesterday morning when I
got a message from Kristina indicating CSG support and asking for our
view, I'd not seen any discussion on the list with other SGs
expressing a preference.  So it seemed unlikely there was time to go
back to our people spread around the world in different time zones,
arrive at a clear position, and then engage other SGs on the list and
get consensus before the random selection was to kick in.

> Are you opposed to seating Andrei in the
> Non-Contracted Party House?

?? Last I heard the NCAs had suggested

> Contracted Parties House - Andrey
> Non contracted Parties House - Terry
> Independent non-voting - Olga
> If so, please say so even if it is just
> from the NCUC.  I happened to talk to RrSG ExCom members and am
> aware of
> their position but I will let them communicate that.

Would be good to hear.  But we'd agreed an approach and Avri followed
it, so on process grounds this discussion is a bit puzzling.

Best,

Bill