[council] Chair nomination - Chuck Gomes accepts

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Oct 15 07:40:50 UTC 2009

Hi Mike,

I saw that Chuck had been nominated but not seconded, and yesterday's
deadline for council-wide nominations was fast approaching.

At this stage, I feel that there should be thoughtful and thorough
discussion of all candidates who have wanted to put their name forward and
run for Chair.

I think this is why we have a 2-stage election: we now have a week to assess
and choose from the pool of candidates whom we think is the best one.

Apologies if you were confused by that.

Stéphane