[council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 15 18:34:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

Glen is working on finding that out.

However, if there are absent council members, I believe the Bylaws
require they be given an absentee ballot.  And by the Transition rules
you all approved, that will be a 24 hour absentee ballot.  I guess we
should stick with that as opposed to trying to have them vote during
the meeting.

In any case the election procedure is a positive vote of all members
and not only of those voting - so eliminating voters does not decrease
the thresholds required for 60% approval in each house.

a.