[council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Fri Oct 16 08:55:19 UTC 2009

Bill,
policy votes should rightly be driven by constituency/SG direction and
transparency of the vote is healthy.

The vote for a chair of a body - an administrative task - is taken by the
members of that body and they should be free to vote without fear of influence,
or retribution by bruised egos etc. By all means seek the views of others before
voting but the choice of a chair should be ultimately the decision of the
individual member who will have to work with that chair.

I say all this is the knowledge I have no vote in this matter - just experience.

Philip