[council] Council wide Nominations are closed - Part 2 Each House determines a Candidate

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Sat Oct 17 08:19:28 UTC 2009

Hi Cyril,

On Oct 17, 2009, at 5:11 AM, Cyril Chua wrote:

> I agree with Mary that there is a lot of mistrust amongst the ICANN
> stakeholder groups and it would be easier to built trust if everyone
> is given the space to cast a secret ballot.

Actually, what she said (below) was the opposite, that as there is
mistrust in the ICANN community generally, transparency and
accountability are important, and hence there should not be a secret
ballot.

Anyway, there's obviously a variety of views that won't be squared
through further debate, so let's just vote and move on.  As long as
there is no gag order and people's right to publicly declare their
stance per usual is not violated, those of us who are compelled to
abide by transparency will be able to participate regardless and to
avail ourselves of that right at the public meeting.

Best,

Bill