[council] Wendy Seltzer - Statement of Interest

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Mon Oct 19 06:10:01 UTC 2009

Forwarded From: Wendy Seltzer

Statement of Interest: Wendy Seltzer, NCUC Councilor

I am an individual member of the Non-Commercial Users Constituency,
elected by the NCUC to the GNSO Council.

I am a lawyer and law professor, currently a Fellow with the Silicon
Flatirons Center at the University of Colorado Law School and with
Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet & Society.  I created and lead the
Chilling Effects Clearinghouse, <http://www.chillingeffects.org/>, a
website that catalogs threats to free expression online and helps
individuals to understand their rights in response.  My legal
scholarship focuses on intellectual property, technology, free
expression, and innovation.

I serve on of the boards of two nonprofits, The Tor Project, Inc.,
promoting privacy and anonymity research, education, and technology; and
the World Wide Web Foundation, U.S., dedicated to advancing the web and
empowering people by improving Web science, standards, and generative
accessibility of Web technology.  I do not represent any of these
organizations other than NCUC in ICANN.

I am also an individual member of the North American Regional At-Large
Organization.  I will complete my term as At-Large Liaison to the Board
at the 2009 Annual Meeting in Seoul.

Except as registrant of several domain names, I have no financial
interest in ICANN policies.

--
Wendy Seltzer
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School