[council] ISPCP representatives on the GNSO

Tony Holmes tonyarholmes at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 24 01:39:58 UTC 2009

I think most people are already aware that the result of the ISPCP election
for seats on the GNSO Council resulted in a close run contest with
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben and Mark McFadden being appointed. Since then Mark
McFadden has announced that he will no longer be working for an ISP as he'll
now be employed by IANA and has subsequently stood down.

Against that background a proposal to appoint the candidate who was runner
up in the election, Jaime Wagner, by affirmation will be put forward at the
ISPCP meeting in Seoul.

On that basis may I propose that Jaime should be included in all the GNSO
activities, including the GNSO dinner with the Board, that will occur in
advance of the ISPCP meeting on Tuesday.

I'll confirm the results of the ISPCP affirmation after the meeting on
Tuesday.

Tony Holmes

Chair ISPCP