[council] FW: Status on JAS: Support for new gTLD applicants

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Wed Aug 4 21:05:34 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
Forwarded From: Avri Doria JAS co-chair

Glen -

With any changes that my co-chair or the liaisons or KArlamay make, this is my update for the council on JAS.

Thanks

The english language comment period ended on 31 July and the working group has started to review the comments while waiting for the responsible staff to summarize those comments.  The non-english comment period is not scheduled to end until the end of August.

The group has also begun work on the final report which will be based on responding to the issues that were brought up in the session held in Brussels, the english language comments, and eventually  the non-english language comments when they become available.

At this point, due to the work to be done and the fact that all comments will not be received before the end of august, the group will not meet is August 15 deadline for the final report.  Our new target for the final report is 3 September - the deadline for documents to be available for the Board retreat on the new GTLD program.  We hope the GNSO will endorse this change of milestone date.