[council] Disclosures of Interest

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Aug 20 16:28:46 UTC 2010

I want to call your attention to a new addition to our agenda on 26
August:

1.1	"Roll call of Council members and polling for Disclosures of
Interest
*	Per the GNSO Operating Procedures, Section 5.4, we are required
to poll Councilors regarding "any direct or indirect interests that may
affect a Relevant Party's judgment on an issue that is under review,
consideration, or discussion" in this meeting.
*	The main issues for this meeting are:
o	New voting procedures
o	Whois studies
o	GNSO Endorsements for the AoC SSR & Whois Policies RTs
o	Vertical Integration (VI) PDP WG
o	Community WG regarding the GAC requested community working group
on new gTLD Recommendation 6 (i.e., morality & public order)"
This was added in response to Council approved GNSO Operating Procedures
requirements recommended by the GCOT.
Each of us should be prepared to give brief disclosures of interest on
any and all of the topics on the agenda if applicable.  Please refer to
Section 5.4 of those procedures for more detail.  The procedures can be
found at:
http://gnso.icann.org/meetings/operating-procedures-revised-draft-clean-
09oct09-en.pdf
If you have any questions about this, please ask.  My personal opinion
is that the disclosures should be brief and relatively high level and
that no one would be expected to disclose any proprietary information.
Chuck