[council] Board briefing papers available for Brussels Meeting

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Aug 23 05:48:42 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Following discussions with the Accountability and Transparency Review
Team, the ICANN staff have published some of the board briefing
materials that were prepared for the Board meeting in Brussels.

 I think many Board members - including myself - see value in making
these materials routinely available.  The debate is then about the
criteria for when something should be redacted or not.   For example,
you will see that the staff have redacted their reviews on the various
IDN-ccTLD delegation requests.

Let me know if you see something redacted that relates to the GNSO that
you feel should have been public.

See:

http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/board-briefing-materials-1-25jun10-en.pd
(102 pages, and 2.33 Mbytes)

and

http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/board-briefing-materials-2-25jun10-en.pd
(216 pages and 2.2 Mbytes and )

The first document is the core Board papers and the second document is
an annex with additional material.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin