[council] Updated draft Terms of Reference for a community WG charter on "Recommendation 6"

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Aug 26 01:40:09 UTC 2010

Thanks Liz.

I know this is being provided with short lead time before our Council
meeting tomorrow, but I encourage all Councilors to do at least a quick
review of this to see if there are any concerns with regard to the draft
terms of reference for a community working group as the GAC requested of
the ICANN Board.  Please note item 6 on the agenda:

"Item 6: GAC requested community working group on new gTLD
Recommendation 6 (15 Minutes)

6.1 Refer to draft terms of reference
(ToR):http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/draft-new-gtld-recommendation-6-wg-to
r-18aug10-en.pdf

6.2 Discussion

6.3 Any suggested changes to the draft ToR

6.4 Any objections to the ToR?"

There appears to be fairly strong agreement in the WG regarding the
draft ToR as attached.  Note that the ToR calls for a report by 13
September.  To meet that deadline, the group needs to start work on the
substantive discussions right away.  Also note that the ToR calls for
the GNSO, GAC and ALAC to comment on the report.

Finally, the ToR calls for the GNSO, GAC and ALAC to assign a liaison
for communication flow.  If any Councilor participating in the WG wants
to volunteer for that, please speak up.

Chuck