[council] Motion deadline per operating procedures

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Dec 1 19:52:58 UTC 2010

Tim,

My guess is,  if we took a survey of Councilors, many would not interpret days so literally as you do and I suspect that the GCOT didn’t mean it that literally either.  But I will point out that Glen sent a message reminding Councilors of the 8-day advance requirement and noted that motions were due by 30 November.  Glen did that at my request and as you can tell, I have never interpreted the requirement as 192 hours.  If it means 192 hours, then I suspect that we have missed the deadline many times in the past.

Regardless, I still maintain that we should spend our time focusing on the issues not the process, especially when we are talking about something where we clearly had different understandings regarding the deadline.

Chuck