[council] Meeting with the Board on Sunday - Suggested topics for discussion

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Fri Dec 3 05:00:34 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Please find the topics to be discussed with the ICANN Board on Sunday afternoon
https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?proposed_agenda_5_december_2010

- A conversation that includes Rec. 6 and applicant support-substantive strengths and weaknesses of the groups' outputs to date, best ways to carry these initiatives forward.

- Next challenges of the new gtld process: vertical integration next steps, lowering barriers for special projects, outcomes of the outreach activities done so far.

- Outcomes of the Affirmation of Committments (what has been achieved so far?).

 - measuring success of the new gTLD program

It is a requirement under our Affirmation of Commitments to do so.   I would like to ask the GNSO to consider what the measures of success should be.

There might be some short term measures (e.g number of applications, number of applications with non-Latin characters)  and also long term measures  (DNS traffic from new gTLDs, number of second level registrations etc).

Prior to a review process - I would like to understand what we will be measuring, and what targets for those measures would be seen as "success" by the GNSO.

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
http://gnso.icann.org