[council] AG changes reflecting council resolution 20100715-1

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Dec 4 14:45:31 UTC 2010

Your assessment is correct Edmon.

Chuck

----- Original Message -----
From: Edmon Chung [mailto:edmon at registry.asia]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 09:36 AM
To: 'Council GNSO' <council at gnso.icann.org>
Subject: [council] AG changes reflecting council resolution 20100715-1

Hi Everyone,

Finally had a chance to look through the proposed final AG...

I refer to our resolution in June and July about Confusingly similar TLD strings and our request for the AG to be updated regarding the issue: http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201006 (20100610-1) and http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#201007 (20100715-1)

It seems to me (based on the redline version) that nothing to that effect seems to have been put in place, and the String Similarity review still says:

An application that fails the String Similarity review due to
similarity to an existing TLD will not pass the Initial Evaluation,
and no further reviews will be available.

I wonder if anyone did find the changes relevant to our resolution... and whether staff can help explain what actions were taken with regards to the above resolutions...

Edmon