[council] Role of the Council discussion

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Sat Dec 4 18:05:07 UTC 2010

2010/12/4 Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder at indom.com>

> Thanks for some very good discussion on the role of the Council.
>
> As a starting point for continuing that discussion on this list, these are
> the points we may wish to look at:
>
> Should we have this session again at next ICANN meeting?
> Does Council support the idea of the leaders talking to group chairs?
> How to improve the communication between the groups - standing number for
> informal group calls.

All fine, but I'd add to this the question Tim and I were debating about how
Council may deal with reports, and the broader question of Council freedom
to deliberate and act.

> Thanks,
>
> Stéphane

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance
Graduate Institute for International and
  Development Studies
  Geneva, Switzerland
william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
http://www.williamdrake.org