[council] Role of the Council discussion

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sat Dec 4 22:29:11 UTC 2010

Just as a follow-up, on the last point, the text below is what is in the latest draft of the PDP-WT report that is currently under discussion. This may be useful to consider in our discussions.

Thanks,

Stéphane

§  The PDP-WT recommends to provide additional guidance to GNSO Council in the Policy Development Process Procedure Manual on how to treat Working Group recommendations, especially those thathave not received full consensus and the expected / desired approach to adoption of some, but not all, or rejection of recommendations. PDP WGs should be encouraged to indicate which, if any, recommendations are interdependent so the GNSO Council can take this into account as part of their deliberations. ThePDP-WT would like to express its concern about the GNSO Council ‘picking and choosing’ or modifying recommendations, but recognizes that this is the Council’s prerogative. The PDP-WT would like to encourage the GNSO Council that therewere it does have concerns or would propose changes to recommendations, it passes these concerns and/or recommendations for changes back to the respective PDP Working Group for their input.