[council] GAC and ccNSO questions and topics

Olga Cavalli olgacavalli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:14:00 UTC 2010

Hi,
thanks for the comments on how to organize discussion with GAC and with
ccNSO.

Stéphane and myself will exchange emails with Heather and Chris in order to
include other additional topics.

So this are the questions we agreed to include, thanks Kristina for sending
it so quickly and Mary for the additional suggestion.

Also I am including additional topics.

Regards
Olga

*GAC questions *

In relation with Cross Community Working Groups

In what capacities, and are there any limitations to participation by the
GAC and individual GAC representatives in cross-community working groups?

If there are limitations, what are they?

What subjects are suitable or eligible for cross-community WGs (CWGs)?

What should the role of the SOs and ACs be in reviewing/approving a CWG
report?
*
Additional points for discussion*

After the intensive and successful experience of group collaborations on
questions of particular interest to the GAC, namely Rec. 6/former MAPO and
JAS/applicant support.

a) What are the GAC views about the outputs of these groups, and how well
they speak to concerns GAC has raised in the past.

b) How those outputs should be dealt with going forward?

*
For the ccNSO*

In relation with Cross Community Working Groups

In what capacities, and are there any limitations to participation by the
GAC and individual GAC representatives in cross-community working groups?

If there are limitations, what are they?

What subjects are suitable or eligible for cross-community WGs (CWGs)?

What should the role of the SOs and ACs be in reviewing/approving a CWG
report?
*
Additional points for discussion*

Short update on Fast track from ccNSO team, how many applications, how many
approved, how many went through IANA delegation, how many launched IDN
ccTLDs.

There will be a big sessions run by ccNSO during this ICANN meeting, but for
GNSO this will be interesting. This is a direct competition for unborn yet
gTLDs.

Edmon’s IRD presentation – on how it will be (should, must, if?) applied to
ccTLD world. Andrei can reference examples.