[council] Questions for Council from IRTP-B WG

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Wed Feb 3 18:51:19 UTC 2010

During the last IRTP-B PDP WG meeting the following two issues came up
and I was asked to verify/clarify with Council:

1. The wording of the charter and charter questions for IRTP-B does not
explicitly state that the WG may make "policy" recommendations. The
charter states, "The Working Group shall consider the following
questions as outlined in the issues report and make recommendations to
the GNSO Council:" The WG would like to confirm that it is within the
charter to make actual "policy" recommendations. I believe that was
intended since this is an actual PDP.

2. In discussions of questions a) and b) (see below) the WG feels that
the issue raised in number 8 of IRTP-D (see below) may come into play.
Is it acceptable if resultant recommendations from IRTP-B touch on or
even address number 8 of IRTP-D? I believe it is. The previous PDP for
IRTP-A resulted in recommendations to push a couple of issues off as
more appropriate for a later PDP. I see no reason for the reverse not to
happen when appropriate.

Please let me know if there is any disagreement with either of the above
conclusions on my part, or if you feel more than a list discussion is
necessary before responding to the WG.