[council] Revised Action Plan / Proposed Process - Self-Identification

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Feb 17 07:05:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the friendly tweaks, I suspect applicants will appreciate the added bit of clarity.

BTW, ICANN's call says "Interested individuals are asked to apply through their Supporting Organizations or Advisory Committees by sending a short CV (maximum three pages) and a one-page motivation letter to the following email address: rtcandidatures at icann.org"  (I assume that's Alice and Marco?)  This is a bit confusing since if someone were applying "through" their SO it'd presumably go to gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org, as I gather Eric and Victoria did.  Hence, our earlier version said send it to the GNSO secretariat.  That's now been changed to follow ICANN's instructions.  Since Marco says he doesn't have the bandwidth to gather and place all apps via all SO/ACs on the web, it's not entirely obvious what purpose is served by the extra step, but given the very short turnaround time hopefully the apps will be quickly passed to Glen for posting and notification of the Council and relevant SG chairs.

Cheers,

Bill

On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:15 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> I accepted all the formatting changes in both of these documents to make them cleaner and then made some additional deletions and edits that are shown in the attached two files.  Caroline, and others, please let me know if you are okay with the edits.
>
> Note that I avoided the word "assign" because I thought that that implied something different that what I think we mean.  Also, I think that the applications need to be sent to ICANN.  We could also ask them to be sent to Glen directly but I am afraid that might cause some confusion.  It would be bad if they were sent to the GNSO but not to ICANN and were consequently not accepted.
>
> Chuck

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance