[council] 2nd topic for joint Board/GNSO dinner

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Sat Feb 20 12:43:05 UTC 2010

Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> What if we broaden the topic some by focusing on sustaining the volunteer model in the long term?

In that connection, we might also consider the Board's current
discussion of Board Chair compensation.  I'm concerned that compensating
some volunteers devalues the work of others (while compensating all
would skew incentives worse than the per diems already do).

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
phone: +1.914.374.0613
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/
https://www.torproject.org/