[council] Final version of VI charter

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Feb 26 18:33:48 UTC 2010

Councillors,

As I indicated during our last call, the VI charter DT had set itself today as a deadline for coming back to the Council with a final version of the charter.

I am please to report that the group has been able to meet this deadline. Please find attached the charter proposal for your consideration.

I would like to point out that although the DT did manage to reach consensus on most points of the charter, this was not the case for objective 5. As you will be able to see from the attached document, one wording of this objective got numerical preference, but there was not unanimous agreement. Alternative versions that were suggested are therefore also included as footnotes in the document that the DT is sending to the Council today. On behalf of the DT, I apologize for not being able to present a completely final document, but doing it this way seemed the only way to reach today's deadline.

It will therefore now be up to the Council to decide if the charter should be adopted as-is, or with modifications to objective 5.

Thanks,

Stéphane