[council] Draft minutes of the GNSO Council meeting 7 January 2010

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Tue Jan 12 10:50:35 UTC 2010

Dear Councillors,

Attached please find the draft minutes of the GNSO Council meeting on 7 January 2010.

Please let me know if you would like any changes to be made. If no comments are

received, these minutes will be published, as approved  on the website on page

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/index.html#jan

on Friday, 22 January 2010.

Please note the action item arising from the minutes:

Item 2 Action Item: Discussion of the Issues Report on Vertical Separation

Issues Report regarding vertical separation of Registries and

Registrars

http://gnso.icann.org/issues/vertical-integration/report-04dec09-en.pdf

(Please note this report has been translated into 5 UN languages and these are available on page

http://gnso.icann.org/issues/)

Chuck Gomes urged Councilors to continue the discussion on the Council mailing list in preparation for deciding whether or not to initiate a policy development process (PDP) at the Council meeting on 28 January 2010.

Motions should be submitted to the Council no later than 20 January 2010 to be considered at the GNSO Council meeting on 28 January 2010.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Glen

Glen de Saint Géry