[council] Kenya Agenda questions: Saturday Council dinner and Sunday breakfast

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Wed Jan 13 21:26:06 UTC 2010

Adrian Kinderis wrote:
> I'm not attending so I'll say this for what it is worth...
>
> Why not make it a "gripe" session? What are you all afraid of.

I'm afraid of turning into another version of ALAC, where so much
discussion seemed to focus internally that we never got to debating
matters of policy.  I don't want to spend our limited face-to-face time
talking about internal politics, but rather focusing on those
"degenerate" topics on which the Council is asked (or asks) for policy
input.

I object to a closed session, not to an open one.

--Wendy

Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.org
phone: +1.914.374.0613
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/seltzer.html
http://www.chillingeffects.org/
https://www.torproject.org/