[council] Action Items arising from theGNSO Wrap-up session in Brussels

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Jul 8 22:26:02 UTC 2010

Hello All,

>>  *  Form a group to work on the GNSO Council interaction with the Board

>>  Volunteers: Terry Davis, David Taylor, Jaime Wagner, Zahid Jamil, Stéphane van Gelder

>>  Are there other volunteers? Please let either Terry Davis  as leader of the group or myself if you would like to join.

I am happy to be a Board liaison for this group.

One area to think about could be the difference between the GNSO Council/Board interaction that might cover issues of current and future policy development, and the GNSO supporting organisation/Board interaction - which might cover a broader set of issues - e.g compliance, ICANN budget and support for stakeholder groups, ICANN strategic plan, etc.

The latter topics might engage some of the leaders of the relevant stakeholder groups - in addition to the Council.   This may be relevant for structuring information sessions etc.    Getting some input on topics such as the budget would be much better if received earlier in the week - rather than at the Thursday public forums.   This allows some time for staff follow up of issues raised early in the week.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin