[council] Meeting Protocol for Brussels and beyond...

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Jun 2 06:20:02 UTC 2010

Hi Adrian,

On Jun 2, 2010, at 2:24 AM, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> I would like to suggest that there be no questions from the floor during these sessions.

When we last had this conversation didn't we decide against draconian measures that would preclude community participation (and were hence poorly received by some) and for some intermediate steps like only Councilors at the table, chair gives preference to Councilor comments and right sizes the time for others, etc?  If people think this has not worked sufficiently, wouldn't it be possible to simply have an offline conversation with the most relevant parties saying please respect the following ground rules, and to reiterate these at the outset of meetings?

On Jun 2, 2010, at 2:51 AM, Adrian Kinderis wrote:

> I'll shout an extra round at the bar on Saturday night to make up for it :)

Hmm...didn't I hear something like this a few meetings ago, didn't materialize... :-)

BTW, on the matter of after hour amusement, perhaps I'll pass along something I pointed out to NCSG, might be of interest to some here:

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, William Drake
<william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just an FYI for people who will be attending ICANN Brussels, as with Paris two summers ago, this meeting overlaps with the annual Fete de la Musique held across France, Belgium, Switzerland, etc.  Just had a look at the program http://2010.fetedelamusique.be/recherches?tid=&tid_1=All&city=Bruxelles and inter alia Saturday night 19th Toots and the Maytals is playing in the park near the conference site.

Bill