[council] COUNCIL RESOLUTION PERTAINING TO CCT FINAL CONSOLIDATED REPORT

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Jun 3 00:33:02 UTC 2010

I am hereby making the following motion in order to meet the 8-day
advance requirement for our 10 June Council meeting.  Please note that
on the OSC list the issue of whether the comments submitted in the
public comment period (all 4 of them) might create a need to revise the
CCT recommendations in some way was raised, but the OSC did not reach
any decision one way or the other in that regard.  After reviewing the
comments myself, it did not appear to me that they would necessitate any
changes, so I personally thought it best to go ahead and make the
motion.  If the Council thinks differently or, if between now and 10
June, the OSC takes a position on that, we can deal with that.   But we
will at least have the motion on the table so that we can take action if
we are ready.

Please make the members of your various groups aware of the motion as
soon as possible.  Thanks to Julie Hedland for drafting the motion.

Chuck

COUNCIL RESOLUTION PERTAINING TO CCT FINAL CONSOLIDATED REPORT

WHEREAS, the GNSO Council, at its 21 May 2010 meeting, accepted the
deliverable of the Communications and Coordination Work Team (CCT) as
its final set of recommendations;

WHEREAS, a twenty-one (21) day Public Comment Forum
<http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-23apr10-en.htm>
completed between 23 April 2010 and 16 May 2010 and a Staff Summary and
Analysis
<http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/msg00004.html>  has
been prepared;

WHEREAS, the GNSO Council agreed to take action on the CCT's
recommendations as soon as possible after the end of the public comment
period;

NOW, BE IT THEREFORE:

RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council approves the Final Consolidated Report
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/cct-consolidated-report-final-09apr10-en.p
df>  of the CCT, without further modification, and directs Staff to
begin work on implementation.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council accepts the CCT's specific
recommendation to convene a standing committee whose role will be to
monitor, coordinate, and manage the continuing implementation of the
various recommendations emanating from the chartered GNSO Improvements
Work Teams;

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council appreciates the thoughtful
feedback of those community members who contributed to the Public
Comment Forum <http://forum.icann.org/lists/cct-recommendations/>  and
directs Staff to consider their suggestions and recommendations during
the implementation phase;

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council hereby discharges the CCT and
expresses its gratitude and appreciation for the team's dedication,
commitment, and thoughtful recommendations.