[council] Re: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM Preliminary Status: Step 2

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jun 10 18:15:34 UTC 2010

Let me add a few thoughts based on having gone
through the exercise initially by myself and then
with several ALAC colleagues. I prefix it with
the disclaimer that I did not participate in the
group that created the process - if I had,
perhaps things would have been clearer.

I had a great difficulty assigning a "priority"
to a number of the projects because it was not
clear what the effect of the priority would be.
In particular, several of the projects were very
near completion. Does that mean they can be low
priority, because there is very little to do, or
high priority so that we get them completed and
off the table. The other aspect is what resources
does it actually use up? If there is only two
GNSO people working on a project, and it only
meets (on the average) monthly, the impact is far
different from the VI project with a
near-infinite number of people meeting twice a week.

Alan