[council] RE: New gTLD Geographical Names

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sun Jun 13 14:00:34 UTC 2010

Thanks Kurt and David.

Chuck

From: Kurt Pritz [mailto:kurt.pritz at icann.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2010 12:53 PM
To: Gomes, Chuck
Cc: Council GNSO; David Olive
Subject: Re: New gTLD Geographical Names

Chuck:

Thank you for your thoughtful note. As a start, I have discussed this
issue set with David Olive who also understands the points you are
making. David indicated that a discussion with leadership of the
pertinent Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees might be the
next step: to determine how best to work toward consistent treatment of
geographical names while continuing to pursue the policy development and
implementation work now occurring in IDNs and gTLDs.

Regards,

Kurt