[council] Motion on Transparency of Council Meetings

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Tue Jun 15 09:02:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

In light of the bit of conversation over the past couple days concerning the relationship between Council members and their SGs, the ATRT process and our pending meeting with them, and internal discussions in NCSG, I hear by make the following motion.

MOTION ON ENHANCING THE TRANSPARENCY OF GNSO COUNCIL MEETINGS

WHEREAS the Affirmation of Commitments mandates that ICANN processes be made as transparent as possible;

WHEREAS the GNSO Council seeks to promote broad community awareness of and engagement in GNSO activities;

WHEREAS the GNSO Council is a management team whose elected members represent their respective Stakeholder Groups in a manner determined by those Stakeholder Groups;

WHEREAS this representation function would be enhanced if Stakeholder Group members were able to listen in real time to Council meetings; and

WHEREAS it would be impractical to open the GNSO Council meeting teleconference facility to Stakeholder Group members;

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT:

RESOLVED that beginning in July 2010, all GNSO Council teleconference meetings will be audiocast (in addition to being recorded) so that members of the community can listen in real time.

William J. Drake
Senior Associate
Centre for International Governance
Graduate Institute of International and