[council] Board Chair comments on Council Workload & Prioritisation

Zahid Jamil zahid at dndrc.com
Tue Jun 22 06:41:08 UTC 2010

At the CSG Breakfast Peter made the point that if there is an issue in regards workload or prioritisation, it is for the Council to address this matter.

This would suggest that we are responsible not to overload our workload, deal with requests in a mature, responsible and measured manner.  It seems that if we choose speed and meeting deadlines (at times) over getting the right outcome we are going to be responsible for this in the eyes of the Board and the community.

Therefore, it seems that the Council should not shy away from stating that a time line (set by Board or any other entity) cannot be met or that we will have to take time we decide in our responsible opinion and that matters should wait until we get it right and not compromise quality over speed.  I especially note this in light of deadlines, at times, being used as leverage during negotiations to push parties to compromise.

Sincerely,

Zahid Jamil
Barrister-at-law
Jamil & Jamil
Barristers-at-law
219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
Cell: +923008238230
Tel: +92 21 5680760 / 5685276 / 5655025
Fax: +92 21 5655026
www.jamilandjamil.com

Notice / Disclaimer
This message contains confidential information and its contents are being communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may contain/are the intellectual property of Jamil & Jamil, Barristers-at-Law, and constitute privileged information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction, publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of Jamil & Jamil is prohibited.