[council] FW: [soac-discussion] Public Participation Committee public session, invitation for SO/AC leaders' participation

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Mar 2 17:38:45 UTC 2010

Thanks Olga. I like what you're suggesting. I would add that *outreach*
is not best accomplished by holding one of three yearly ICANN meetings
in such locations. Such meetings do little to advance connectivity or
solve other roadblocks to participation that may exist. But ICANN could
be involved in assessing the real issues and play a role in resolving
them through facilitation and coordination in an effective manner
depending on needs.

Some of these developing areas need buy off and support from the Public
and Private sectors in order to improve connectivity and encourage
participation (not just for a week of an ICANN meeting). In many
instances there are already activities, movements, efforts underway by
various groups that ICANN could support in various ways. IMHO, that
would be far more productive and would be a better use of funds.

Tim