[council] Friendly amendments to VI motion

Mary Wong MWong at piercelaw.edu
Mon Mar 8 12:34:31 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

For some reason I didn't get Tim's email proposing further amendments to the amended VI motion, so forgive me if I'm getting something wrong. I just wanted to ask Tim if he could explain the request. As I read it as forwarded to me, there seems a possibility that dropping the reference to the WG Chair from the first sentence raises the possibility that a WG member who is NOT the Chair could go directly to seek Council approval, bypassing the Chair whose role it is to achieve consensus amongst the WG.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law & Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA