[council] [FWD: RE: [gnso-arr-dt] Voting, diversity, and allocation issues]

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Mar 9 06:17:00 UTC 2010

Bill,

Below is the most recent note I sent to the arr-dt list expressing my
understanding that regardless of endorsement all applicants would still
be considered. At no time after this or after my earlier similar
comments did anyone on the DT correct me if they knew something else to
be true or if they were working under a different assumption. However,
you clearly were as is evident in your comments to Peter and Janis.

My agreement with any of this was given with the understanding that we
are endorsing not blocking candidates.

In any event, I am glad you are such a quick read. You'll have to
forgive me and other members of our SG, I guess we're a little slow.
While we had few actual RrSG designated candidates, that doesn't mean we
want to ignore or discount the rest. Hopefully, the other SGs are not
doing that either.

Bottom line for me is that if someone took time to complete the
necessary documents to apply, their application should find its way to
Peter and Janis for consideration. Endorsement of an SO or AC may be a
factor to consider, but it should not be required to be considered.

Tim