[council] RrSG discussion with Peter today

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Mar 9 12:51:41 UTC 2010

Peter and Rod joined our RrSG meeting for a while today and we brought
up our questions/concerns about SO endorsement and what that means.
Peter expressed that what they want to know is that a candidate is
representative of the SO they claim to be from, and that they meet the
stated requirements. In other words, basic due diligence - they have a
reputation for being collaborative, capable of being analytical and able
to review material objectively, etc. All applicants that pass such basic
due diligence would be "endorsed."

Our current process is designed with a completely different concept of
endorsement. Again, at the least, there should not be an arbitrary limit
on the number of applicants that a SG endorses.

Tim