[council] URGENT AOC RT Voting Clarifications

Mary Wong MWong at piercelaw.edu
Wed Mar 10 03:54:41 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

My understanding of the process is the same as what Bill outlined in his email.

Additionally, I would like to support the Council/GNSO abiding by the process that the DT for this issue has developed and that we approved. It would negate any real meaning of being "GNSO endorsed" if individual SG could separately and thereafter provide additional lists of preferred candidates to Peter and Janis. In any event, there's nothing to stop Peter and Janis (in theory at least) from not picking from the GNSO-endorsed candidate pool and going to the other names, so it's important that the GNSO sticks to its agreed process.

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law & Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA