[council] FW: Proposal to form a Joint ALAC - GNSO WG "to develop a sustainable approach to providing support to applicants requiring assistance in applying for and operating new gTLDs" in response to the ICANN Board Resolution 20 at the Nairobi Meeti

rafik.dammak at gmail.com rafik.dammak at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 01:40:22 UTC 2010

Hello All,

In my point of view, it sounds that you are wrongly using the principle of equality in this case which looks more like discrimination against applicants for developing regions. Why you want a registry from developing regions to have the same budget of registry in developed country?there are a lot of way to cut costs.

Yes, a registry in developing region can be run with respect to all ICANN requirements in cheaper way than in developed country.
That is why I would like if possible that Bruce point to documents (if they exist) explaining in details the why of such requested costs for running a regisrty from ICANN perspective?but also for the application fees as the explanation of cost recovery remains vague and abstract.

Thank you,

Regards

Rafik
BlackBerry from DOCOMO