[council] FW: Proposal to form a Joint ALAC - GNSO WG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 24 16:18:57 UTC 2010

I support the recent statements of Rafiq and
Debbie, and I am not sure I can say this any
clearer than they already have, but there has
been no talk of an applicant paying to ICANN a
lesser fee.  Some of us would like to see that at
some point, but that is not what we are discussing now.

The Board's resolution as I understand it, (and
based on discussions with several Board members,
I think I do understand) is to investigate ways
of easing the burden (whether with money or
skills or whatever) on the applicant, but NOT at the expense of ICANN.

Alan