[council] FW: Proposal to form a Joint ALAC - GNSO WG

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 27 03:00:12 UTC 2010

The problem becomes somewhat easier from an ICANN
point of view in that the "we" who must do the
categorizing is not "us" - ICANN.

The WG is to look at ways of finding support for
various "needy" new gTLD applicants. But I can't
see any need for us to evaluate specific ones.
The donors will make that value judgement. Or
perhaps the WG will recommend that ICANN sets up
a foundation to act as the intermediary and it will establish criteria.

Alan