[council] FW: AoC SSR RT Replacement Candidate

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Nov 10 23:54:05 UTC 2010

As I think everyone is aware, Ken Silva, the RySG nominee for the AoC
SSR RT who was selected to be on the SSR RT, resigned from the RT
because of a change in employment.  In response to that, the RySG
nominated two candidates as possible replacements as can be seen below.
If there are no objections to this, in our meeting on 18 November we
will acknowledge the RySG decision and send the names on to the AoC SSR
RT and in particular the Selectors, Rod and Heather for their decision.

Note that the SSR RT has already started its work so it has been
requested that the replacement be in place as soon as possible.  To
accommodate that, I requested that the RySG make a decision today to
meet our 8 day advance notice requirement for Council agenda items.

The approved GNSO procedures for AoC RT endorsements call for each SG to
nominate one candidate for each of the RTs and that was done.  But those
procedures do not describe what should happen if a replacement is
needed; that may be something we need to add to the procedures in the
future.  The RySG did not have time for a full process to endorse just
one candidate and, because both have outstanding qualifications,
endorsed both.

If there are any questions on this please, ask.  I will forward the
qualifications of the two candidates as submitted to the RySG.

Chuck