[council] Interim Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries (Phase I)

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sat Nov 13 17:09:01 UTC 2010

Colleagues,

In light of the Board's VI decision and now that the new version of the AG is out, I would like to propose a motion to end the VI WG at this time.

Please understand that I am making this motion in the interest of the Council's task management. At this stage, there simply no longer seems to be any reason to continue to hold the VI slot open in our ongoing project list. This of course does not mean that the project should not be re-opened at a later date, say when we have the benefit of the 1st round's experience under our collective belts...

It is my understanding that the group itself is mostly OK to disband and that both co-chairs are eager to move on to pastures new.

I realize that this motion is submitted after the deadline, so I will have to request an exception to the 8-day posting limit from the Council. I believe that it is worth granting this exception in this case, as there is no more PDP work to be done on this item at this time, and deferring to our Cartagena meeting rather than tackling this now at our Nov 18 meeting will not change that fact.

Would anyone object to this exception being granted? Would anyone be willing to second the motion?

Thanks,

Stéphane