[council] Chair/Vice Chair Terms

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Sun Nov 28 20:33:17 UTC 2010

Hi Mary,

I believe there's a precedent for the point you raise about interim VCs.

Did the NCP house not nominate Olga as interim VC in Korea, and then make that nomination permanent a few weeks later?

If that is indeed what happened, I would agree with you that there also needs to be procedures defined for this.

I would suggest that there need to be clearly defined time limits for a VC to remain as interim before a house has to nominate a permanent VC (whether it be the same person or someone else). I would also suggest that, as VC nominations are an internal house matter, that there be some kind of requirement for houses to announce when an interim VC is nominated and when a permanent VC is nominated.

These are probably obvious points, but they are not in the current procedures...

Thanks,

Stéphane